Nowadays, there’s makeup for every occasion, so how can one possibly skip the occasion of the gloomy Halloween nights? No way! With the trend of attending Halloween parties and getting an exceptional look that can scare up anyone, it has become quite a common thing but as it is said – creativity can never get old enough. Thus, whenever we talk about Halloween makeup ideas for women, the suggestions never seem to take a back seat.
However, every woman out there wants to look unique and different from the next one at every Halloween party. Though it might be a bit tricky, it is never impossible with our specially curated ideas coming in from the den of the experts. To ease out your worries and sort your Halloween look, we have come up with a bunch of makeup ideas for Halloween, which can cater to everybody’s preference, ranging from looking freakingly scary to absolutely cute!
Things To Keep In Mind Before Applying Halloween Makeup
Certain things must be kept in mind when you are doing Halloween makeup (nobody told you this!)
- Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize!: One can never have enough moisturizer, and even if there is, it will never harm your skin. No matter what makeup you are up to, moisturizing is the key! If your skin is not hydrated and it feels chapped, then you can never have a smooth base and your makeup might crack up too. So, make sure you pamper your and moisturize it a bit beforehand.
- Start with a good base: Once you have moisturized your skin, it’s time for you to set a nice base because if it is not done right, it can make everything go wrong. So, prime your skin gently, and go ahead with a full-coverage foundation and concealer which would cover up your scars and acne pores, but not look at all cakey at the same time.
- Choose a pointed tip outliner: As we are talking about Halloween makeup ideas for women, you must know how enhanced and highlighted they make the features of your face – and that is the key! Halloween makeup needs to be overly dramatized and sharp, which calls for a pointed tip outliner. It can be eyeliner or a face marker, or anything that has an edgy tip to it to further sharpen the face features.
- Prime your eyes and lips: When it’s Halloween makeup, the amount of effort on your lips and eyes will be comparatively more than the other parts of your face so the makeup you put on them needs to be top-notch. Especially, if you are going for patterns and intricate designs, make sure you prime your eyes and lips too well, otherwise, they might end up getting cracked, ruining your makeup.
- Use pigmented colors and shadows: Your face is not like paper which can be brushed again and again. In fact, if you wipe it again and again, your base makeup might just move away from the place, ruining it all at once. So, use the colors and eye shadows that give great pigmentation at a stroke and you do not need to go over and over again.
- Keep the light source steady: No matter which makeup you are going for, keeping the light source steady is the aim. If the light source that’s coming to your face keeps on fluctuating, then the makeup strokes can go absolutely wrong; giving a wrong dimension to your face. So, we suggest you use a steady white ring light and keep it in front of your face.
- Do not sweat: Halloween makeups are generally heavy and call for layering one on top of the other, so ensuring that you do not sweat in the process is very important. So, when doing Halloween makeup keep your air-conditioned switched on or, keep a small fan to give enough air to your face.
- Set the makeup: Though the last step of all, but the most important one too. All the efforts that you put in to create the amazing Halloween look, might just go in vain if the makeup is not set right at the end. So, use a setting spray at the end to set everything at its place and to ensure that it isn’t moving.
Scary Halloween Makeup Ideas For Girls
Jack O Lantern Halloween Makeup
Costume transformation has become too mainstream when it comes to Halloween makeup ideas for women, and thus to look different, one must try the Jack O Lantern Halloween Makeup for some quirky facial transformation. In this makeup, triangular patterns are made above the eyebrows and the jawline is shaped like teeth – keeping everything black in color. For the extra amp, one and a half part of the face is given an orangish-color till the neck to contrast the other features too well.
Wonder Woman Makeup
Halloween makeup ideas for women need not be super scary all the time and thus, the action-packed look of Wonder Woman can be a perfect transformation. It is an absolute red and golden look, with brimming gorgeousness and charm and some black detailing. Though it might seem like there is not much to do in the look, the outlining and the subtle yet outstanding eye makeup, can get a bit tricky at times. So, before you jump in the look, give it a try and get to know the real drill.
Zombie Halloween Makeup
Though the most common one among the Halloween makeup ideas for women, the Zombie Halloween Makeup has still not lost its authenticity and allows enough room to showcase your unique creativity. The main aim behind the look is to create a white-ish cast on the face and create bloodstains, scars, and blood patches on the face, neck, and shoulder. The under eyes and the lips form the major attraction and can scare out anybody there!
Ice Queen Halloween Makeup
If you want to settle somewhere between looking scary and astonishing, then there cannot be any better option than to go for the Ice Queen Halloween Makeup look. The look mainly revolves around silver, blue, and the whitest of whites, to showcase the icy-thing and the sparkly eyes and gorgeous head crown is something you cannot take your eyes off. The usage of hair wigs can even take your look to another level!
Sugar Skull Halloween Makeup
Enhancing the features of your face and making it replicate the features of a skull is all that the look is about, and it can definitely scare the hell out of you. Instead of keeping a monotone like the previous look, one can get enough scope to incorporate bright reds and oranges with bold and bronzed out contours for a chiseled face. The addition of flowers, especially red roses, complementing red lips adds a lot of features to a particular look.
Scary Pumpkin Halloween Makeup
Probably one of the most common Halloween makeup ideas for women, but still manages to stand out because of its exquisiteness and enriched use of a variety of colors. The base is kept orange in color and shapes and patterns are drawn all over the face with black outlines, which enhances the other features of the face. The main attraction of the look is the jawline, and once you nail it, you’re good to go!
Colorful Rainbow Skull Makeup
Rainbow makeup looks, similar to the other Halloween makeup ideas for women, are nothing but full of fantasy and can instantly give you a dosage of cuteness. If you are someone who loves to play with colors like yellows, oranges, and reds, then the particular makeup look is going to be your favorite one. Once the whole base is balanced out splashing a hue of colors, a skull pattern is outlined around the jaws and the eyes. Often a flower crown of different colors topped with it looks absolutely gorgeous.
Tigress Halloween Makeup
If you want a dash of cuteness to your Halloween look, then transforming yourself as a little and cute tigress would be a great idea! It is quite a simple look and is ideal for someone who has not tried her hands-on makeup yet. The face is given a yellowish tinge of color with some sparkly highlights and black bold outlines are made on the full face to replicate the stripes till the neckline. It looks extremely cute, especially when the lip patterns are made and it will be even great if you can match up a tigress costume alongside!
Cute Clown Halloween Makeup
You have probably seen Harley Quinn flaunting her look on the screen and this particular Halloween look is no different. It is one of the most popular Halloween makeup ideas for women as it replicates a celeb look where a colorful pattern is made around the eyes and lips are enhanced. However, the major amp can be added to the look by parting your hair from the middle and tying it into two ponytails. Do not forget to dress in shorts and if possible, try some lip arts too!
Pretty Vampire Halloween Makeup
Who doesn’t want to be a pretty vampire for Halloween, especially after watching Vampire Diaries and Twilight Saga? Oh, everybody would love to! Replicating much of the on-screen heroines, the particular Halloween makeup is focused on wine red colors and black shadows, which enhances the richness of the look. The features of the look, like eyebrows, and lip curves, and eye wings are kept quite sharp and edgy with some add-on lenses.
Unicorn Halloween Makeup
Unicorns can be quite cute and fancy but that cannot stop them to be picked as a Halloween look! All those dreamy rainbow faces, sparkly face highlights, and winged eyelashes can be transformed into a fine Halloween face with just some twists and modifications. Once you enhance the black color and cast a bit of a shadow near the jawline and the forehead and under the eyes, it would instantly transform into something quite unearthly and full of the spell.
Scarecrow Halloween Makeup
Why keep scarecrow closed in the books, when you can give it some more dimensions with your makeup? Among all the makeup ideas that have been discussed, the particular Scarecrow Halloween Makeup stands out to be the most simple one. Just enhance the features of your face with blacks and splash some reds and oranges on the eyelids, nose-top, and cheekbones. And, that’s all. The cute little scarecrow is ready to rock the Halloween party!
Mermaid Halloween Makeup
The unearthly water fairy mermaid can be twinned as a great Halloween look if you can incorporate more bold features to it. The dominating colors in the look are teal blue and purple but if there is no sparkle, the look flops down to nothing. So, no matter how many colors or what strokes you use, never forget the splash of sparkles and highlights on the face. Also, curving out the jawline and adding white or grey lenses are other major steps that you must not miss!
V For Vendetta Halloween Makeup
Fictional characters come up as the most readily available Halloween ideas and the Vendetta look cannot be left behind. Dressing yourself up as Guy Fawkes and draping yourself under a black cloak can still fall apart if the face makeup isn’t done right. The white-ish paint on the face with edgy eyes and sharp jawlines and contours might look too easy, but that’s the one holding it all together!
Mystique Halloween Makeup
Do you love blue way too much? Then, don’t think twice before replicating the Halloween look. The face here is painted in all blue, a bit darker, to give it the vibe of the night sky, and then go ahead and do magic to your hairs by giving them a red splash of colors. Once everything is done, then comes the major part, which is drawing interesting patterns especially on the forehead and on the neck and shoulder.
Now, that was indeed a roller-coaster ride – Amazing, isn’t it? We understand that makeup is all about experimentation and incorporating your own creativity. This is the reason that we didn’t hinge it to only a couple of Halloween makeups and expanded them in counts so that you can get enough scopes to mix and match and twist and shape, according to your preferences. So, which of the Halloween makeup for women was your favorite?
Having suggested you with a bunch of Halloween looks exclusively from our curator’s desk, you can be assured not to look similar to the next woman standing beside you! These Halloween makeup ideas for women are not something that you come to practice every day and require great effort to nail them. So, if you are thinking of getting any of these looks for Halloween, start practicing it now to avoid any mishap on D-Day!