Hair is one of the most beautiful features of a woman. Not only does it enhance the individual’s appearance but it is also considered to be their identity. Sometimes, hair is what defines the woman. In most cultures, a woman’s hair represents herself. Due to the importance given to the hair, it is known to be the individual’s symbol of pride. Most women who have long hair, are immensely proud of it since time immemorial. Whether you take a look at the Biblical scripture or the ancient Sanskrit artifacts that can be dated back to the ancient days – there is a lot of evidence in all these written sources, suggesting that for a woman – her hair is supposed to be the most prized possession. What makes it easier for women to keep long hair is the fact that there are so many different types of hairstyles that one can make with it – including braided hairstyles for long hair.
When we talk about easy braided hairstyles for long hair, it is safe to state that it is possibly one of the oldest hairstyles that have existed for women. Pictures from centuries away showcase beautiful women sporting long hair with braided hairstyles and looking absolutely gorgeous. This is perhaps, one of the primary reasons why, even today, braided hairstyles for long hair has secured itself the first spot in the trending hairstyles list. It gives us a reason to wake up in the morning and not dread about combing or hairstyling. Another major advantage of tying a braided hairstyle is to ensure that the hair remains in position for the whole day, making you look neat and tidy. However, before we move forward and discuss the numerous types of braided hairstyles for long straight hair, let’s take a look at the top tips to keep in mind when it comes to maintaining long hair.
How To Grow and Maintain Long Hair For Women?
As most women with long hair will agree, it is not easy to maintain long hair. Women with long hair tend to experience a lot more stress because it is not easily manageable. However, there are several aspects that one can keep in mind to make the most of the spicy long hairstyles, while also ensuring that they do not end up becoming of bad quality. The following given is the list of top ten tips to keep in mind if you wish to grow and maintain long hair:
- Trim Regularly: If you tend to cut your hair regularly then you can say goodbye to seeing long hair. However, there’s nothing wrong with trimming your hair once in a while. If you trim your hair once every 6 to 8 weeks, it will help you in getting rid of the damaged split ends. This is important as it will ensure that you only have a bunch of quality and healthy hair strands.
- Don’t Shampoo Often: People live with a misconception when they assume that shampooing too often will help them keep the hair smooth. Shampooing too often tends to damage the hair more than keeping it in control. It is recommended that one shampoos the hair only twice or thrice a week.
- Drying With Care: Avoid using a blow-dryer as far as possible. It is easy when it comes to squeezing out the excess water from the locks with a towel or air-drying. If possible, make use of the micro-fiber towel instead of the normal towel as it causes less damage.
- Eating Healthy Is Key: An individual’s diet is perhaps, one of the most important aspects that impact one’s health – even the health of the hair. You have to ensure that your diet is filled with rich vitamins and nutrients that nourish your hair.
- Don’t Settle For Tight Hairstyles: You must avoid causing tension to your hair. If you are tying your hair in tight hairstyles like braids, pony-tails, or even high-buns – the best thing to do in this case, is to avoid tight hairstyles.
- Avoid Friction: Damage is also caused when your hair experiences friction too many times. This can be due to excessive and aggressive drying of the hair, wearing of leather or woolen material clothes, and more. In such cases, it is best to avoid friction with your hair as they come in contact.
- Choose The Right Hair Products: If you’re considering braided hairstyles for long hair, then you must also realize that you will need the right products to maintain them. Choosing a hair product that is nourishing for your hair is extremely important in this case.
- Brush Your Hair Before Bed: Create a bed-time routine wherein brushing your hair is a part of it. You need to detangle the knots in your hair while working up to the roots. Make sure you use a wide-toothed comb or a bristle brush that will help you detangle the roots till the end.
- Use Scrunchies: Once again, before sleeping, it is advisable to tie the hair up in a bun. One can easily make use of elastic bands or scrunches that do not come in the way and pin the hair up in a tightly-knit hairstyle. The best hairstyle for bed-time is a top-knot secured high bun, done with a scrunchie.
- Use a Silk Pillowcase: When the hair is continuously coming in contact with a cotton-material pillowcase, it eventually results in damage. The friction, as mentioned previously, seriously damages the long tresses. If you decide to upgrade to a silk pillowcase, that is the best decision that you can take for your hair.
Easy Braided Hairstyles For Long Hair
Now that we are over the different aspects to keep in mind while maintaining long hair, let’s take a look at the trending cute braided hairstyles for long hair:
ZigZag Braided Hairstyle
The Zig Zag hairstyles are loved by all. Most popular basketball players, actors, and rappers amongst other celebrities are often spotted featuring the zig-zag braided hairstyle. While the hairstyle is unisex, it looks exceptional on women. It may seem like a complicated hairstyle but you’ll be surprised to learn that you can even try the hairstyle out at home. Considered to be a protective hairstyle, the zig-zag braided hairstyle that you must try once at least.
Textured French Braid Updo
What’s fun about braided hairstyles is the fact that there are sub-categories even under the categories of the different hairstyles. Updos are extremely easy to sport and fun to wear. They are convenient as they do not necessarily come in the way and do feature an extra oomph when paired up with a pair of sexy black clothes. They make you look cute as well as neat at the same time.
Easy Braided Ponytail
The braided ponytail is the easiest braid hairstyle for long hair. You simply have to pull the front portion of your hair into a braid and subsequently pull a rubber band around the same. You can choose to settle for a middle parting or a side-parting, however, the choice is completely yours. At the same time, you can tie a simple ponytail or a side ponytail, depending on your comfort and preference.
Checkout: Best Short Haircuts For Plus Size Women
Whimsical Braided Updo
Straight out of a fairytale – the whimsical braided updo is yet another pretty braided hairstyles for long hair. Such hairstyles are usually reserved for special occasions and events such as weddings. Therefore, if you have an event coming up and are wondering which braided hairstyle you want to settle on, you may want to consider the whimsical braided updo. You can always club the hairstyle up with pretty-looking hair accessories such as a flower clip.
Triple Braided Bun
The triple braided bun has always been made popular through numerous YouTube or Instagram influencers. While we haven’t spotted mainstream celebrities showing off their triple-braided buns, this type of simple braid hairstyle for long hair is popular among the Internet crowd. It is simply because you merely need to tie the braid up in a knot and tuck the tail behind the knot. Following this, you can simply secure the hair towards the end.
Here we have: Cute Short Hairstyles For Women Over 70
The Five Braids Bun
Taking it to the next level, the five braids bun is something from another universe. This type of hairstyle gives your hair an extremely sorted-out-look. It certainly is intense but can really enhance your hair and give it a quantity.
Double Boho Braid
Are you feeling the summer? If you’ve decided to pull out your summer clothes, i.e. the boho dress and a pair of flip-flops, you must consider completing your look with a double boho braid. Make sure you have a lot of patience for this, as it usually takes longer-than-usual to tie up a double boho braid. It will give you a relaxed but fashionable look.
Mohawk Braid Ponytail
Mohawk braid ponytail is yet another braided hairstyle for curly long hair that can be achieved in a matter of minutes. You can start off by diving your hair into a section that you want to braid. In this hairstyle category, one usually divides the hair right from the middle. You can create two parallel part lines at the corner and start off with the simple braiding. Towards the end, you can secure it with a rubber or hairband.
Faux Braid Crown
If you’ve ever thought of wearing a crown, the time has arrived! Under the list of top braided hairstyles for women with long hair, the faux braid crown is the one that never fails to be mentioned. It looks glamorous and the best part about this kind of hairstyle is the fact that it does not necessarily need to be paired up with fancy dresses. You can sport this type of hairstyle even on a simple t-shirt and denim.
Half Up French Braid
The following given are the main steps to follow when putting together a half-up friend braid. Grab a section of your hair that you want the braid to start from then start off with braiding. Follow this through thrice with different sections of braided hair. Tie it up towards the left or right side – as per your preference.
Dutch Braid Bun
The dutch braid bun has been taking social media by a storm. It is considered to be modern and stylish. So what is stopping you from trying this hairstyle out? If you don’t want your hair to be left out open then you may want to tie it up in a bun.
Hippie Braided Hairstyle
Whether you are headed out to celebrate a festival or you just want to represent what good vibes are all about – the hippie braided hairstyles will fulfill everything. As mentioned previously, pictures from century’s away showcase beautiful women sporting long hair with braided hairstyles and looking absolutely gorgeous.
Curly Side Braided Hairstyle
Are you looking for braided hairstyles for curly long hair? We are glad to inform you that there is a whole new category dedicated to this type of hairstyle. It gives you a messy yet sophisticated look. However, beware as it may not be suitable for a windy day. The messy look will become messier and it won’t exactly give you the hairstyle you are looking for.
Rope Twist Braid Hairstyle
The rope twist braid hairstyle is among those hairstyles that look much more complicated than it already is. You can simply twist your rope braid into a bun and provide it a chic updo in just a matter of seconds. This type of hairstyle is the kind that is perfect for those who might not have a lot of time to spend on setting up the hair but still want to look fashionable. One of the main reasons why this is so because it only takes a couple of seconds to whip up this hairstyle.
Half-Up Fishtail Braid
The secret behind tying the ideal braid is by spending enough time preparing for the same. You must have the right products when it comes to really complicated braids and you want them to be sustained all throughout the day or even for a couple of hours. The same applies to the half-up fishtail braid. The work doesn’t get over as soon as you are done tying the hair up in the braid.
Messy Pigtail Braid
Pigtails are a concept that was immensely popular but back then, you were just a kid. If you are under the impression that pigtails are something that only kids can wear and look good with it, then you’re wrong. Certain pigtail hairstyles sport an adult and chic look. Using the right hair spray for a messy pigtail can really resolve things for you and further perfect your hair.
Twisted Fishtail Braid
There isn’t a lot of difference between a fishtail braid and a twisted fishtail braid – except for the fact that the hairstyle is essentially twisted. If you have bangs, then it will provide the whole look a pretty side-swept when pinned to a specific side.
French Braid Hairstyle
French braid hairstyles are timeless by nature. They are described by most expert hairstyles as being picture-perfect for most eventful occasions including evening dates, relaxed walks along the beaches, or even weddings. There are many different types of French braids as well – including fishtails and dutch braids that fall under this category through the help of a little creativity here and there.
Pompadour Braid Hairstyle
Described as a “mom” hairstyle, the pompadour braid hairstyle takes just a few minutes but when all tied up, you can ensure that it stays out of your face and neck for as far as possible. The shape of the hairstyle is really pretty and flattering and this is something that you can pull off even when you haven’t had the proper time to wash your hair.
Messy Waves With Braids
Waves are complicated by nature. They are curly but are not too curly. They look messy but there has to be a perfect amount of messiness for it to be sustained as well. It can be quite difficult to get the perfect wave but once you get it, try balancing it out with a pair of braids.
Completed is the list of braided hairstyles for long hair. However, you cannot simply expect the hairstyle to look glamorous without putting in enough effort into ensuring it looks glamorous. The effort can be in the form of maintaining your hair well, using the right hair products to make sure the hairstyle lasts for long and of course, pairing it up with the right hair accessories every once in a while.
While some of the mentioned hairstyles might come across to you as complicated but with practice, who hasn’t been able to achieve something – regardless of how complex it may be. There are numerous tutorials available that will help you through the different stages.